THE HISTORY OF
Booklet by Paul Hodkinson 'History of Neepsend, for Neepsend/Hillfoot
In the main building were three separate schools each with its own head-teacher and staff. The school was the first new Free School in Sheffield and provided accommodation for 720 pupils between the age of five and ten.
In 1899 the school was reorganised into senior mixed and junior mixed upstairs and infants with 767 on the roll.
In 1903 it was called Neepsend Council School, in 1926 the Hillfoot Council School, in 1944 Hillfoot County School and in 1958 the Hillfoot Junior Mixed and Infants School.
It was an all age
school until 1958 when senior children were transferred to
Chaucer Secondary School.
Thanks from Sheffield Indexers to;
Neepsend Hillfoot School
More Sheffield History
Hospitals, Workhouses, Orphanages, Schools
Sheffield Indexers collection of links to popular historical Sheffield Hospitals, Workhouses & Almshouses, Orphanages, Schools and more.
Sheffield Indexers, Sheffield History
Sheffield Indexers collection of links to historical Sheffield including; Sheffield History, Laws & Acts, Living & Working Conditions, Historical Land & Buildings, Sheffield Flood and War Memories.
Sheffield Indexers, Other Historical Info
Sheffield Indexers collection of links to more articles of interest relating to Sheffield including; Sheffield Stories, Newspaper Articles, Editorials & General Interests, Sheffield Rhymes Etc, Cherished Sheffield Family Memories, Recipes of Olde Yorkshire, Old Sheffield Picture Post Cards and Yorkshire Expressions.
copyright © Sheffield Indexers since 2004. All rights reserved.